Raising funds is vital to ensure we can keep supporting people locally that are living with and affected by MND.
There are many ways you can get involved – run your own event, organise a walk to d’feet, Silence Speaks, Bake it, take part in a third party event such as a parachute jump or run, encourage your workplace to volunteer for us, donate regularly through Give As You Earn, the list goes on.
People do the most amazing things to raise funds, anything you can do to help will be making a difference – every penny counts.
Please do let us know if you are planning to fundraise, we can help publicise your event on our social media pages and of course will support you all we can:
Our branch is run entirely by volunteers and one thing we all have in common is our desire to make a difference to people both living with and affected by MND in our local area. Our youngest member is 19 years and oldest is 81!
Have you some time to spare? Anything from a few minutes to a few hours a week, we would love to hear from you. We always welcome new volunteers, whatever your skills and interests there is a role for you.
No connection to MND – do not worry not all our team have. Some people volunteer with us as a way to give back but many have no experience of MND and come on-board to meet new people, gain new skills and be part of a friendly and dynamic team. So whatever your reason for volunteering we want to hear from you.
Current vacancies include –
- Branch Secretary: Do you have good organisational and communication skills, then help us to run the Branch effectively.
- Support Group Co-ordinator: To organise our monthly support group meetings and help with facilitation on the day
- Association Visitor: Offer emotional support and information to people living with and affected by MND
- Event / Fundraising team members: Enjoy FUNdraising then why not be part of our new team. You could be running events big or small – the choice is yours
- Campaign Contact: Like meeting and talking to people, then help create positive change and be our local representative within the campaigns team
- Public Speaker: To give presentation to local clubs / groups so we can raise the profile of MND, the Association and our Branch in the local area
- General volunteers: Not sure how much time you have but could help from time to time then join our team of general volunteers who we contact when we need an extra pair of hands at information events, fundraising events, collections etc.
All volunteers receive an induction and training relevant to their role.
For more information on any of the roles mentioned and find out about other opportunities then contact Jo Campbell, Branch Secretary & Volunteering Development Co-ordinator either Email or call 0345 375 1839 / 07831 098365
Here at the Exeter & East Devon Branch we support national campaigns led by the MND Association. By campaigning we can help create positive change for people living with MND and their carers.
We are looking for a campaign contact to be our representative and help us achieve more locally. As a campaign contact you will
- Actively promote our national campaigns and encourage our members to take action locally
- Inform our members of the latest campaigning news and activities
- Talk to politicians and decision makers about what MND is and why it is important that people with the disease have access to high quality health and care services
- Work with regional staff to identify issues and gather evidence for local campaigns
- Be part of the online MND Campaign Network and encourage others to join
If you would like to find out more about this role then contact Jo Campbell, our Volunteering Development Co-ordinator. Jo can be contacted by email Email or by phone 0345 375 1839 / 07831 098365
Being a campaign contact too much but do have a little time to spare, you can still help us change a lot.